The initiative is open to:
- Founding teams of individuals that are above 18 years of age at the time of the application and who are resident in Uganda. The initiative will only accept teams of at least 2 founding individuals. A team of one founding individual will not be considered.
- Participants must be Ugandan citizens. Your solution should be targeted for implementation in any of the district of Uganda, or within the East African region.
- All team members must be fully proficient in written and spoken English.
- Hi Innovator requires founder participation. All founding team members must commit to fully participate in the initiative. Founding team members not fully-committed to the initiative will not be accepted in the initiative, and their removal may render the remaining team ineligible for the program.
- Having a fully registered business with Uganda Registry Services Bureau and Uganda Revenue Authority is a prerequisite for participation.
- The business should have been operational for at-least two years, and should not have raised more than UGX 1 billion in either grants, seed funding, venture capital or Private Equity at the time of submission.
- The business should at-least have launched a product to market, and at-least received early customer feedback or some revenue;
- Only applications submitted through the Hi Innovator web portal at www.hi-innovator.ug will be eligible for consideration.
- Employees of NSSF, Outbox, Makerere University Business School and any individual involved in the Hi Innovator program design, production, promotion, execution, distribution and any such individual’s immediate family or household, are not eligible to participate in this initiative.